In the wake of the pandemic and the rapid rise of streaming services, it is of no surprise that CTV ad spend is projected to grow by 34.6% to $6.41 billion this year (eMarketer). CTV offers advertisers data-powered targeting, optimization, reach and the ability to track and measure results. This has made it particularly enticing for pharma marketers looking to reach the right audiences online.
GumGum has put together a list of simple tips and tricks to keep in mind to get you started on your pharma campaign strategy:
1. Leverage Contextual Technology To Drive Awareness & Reach
With audience tracking out and privacy regulations ramping up, leverage contextual technology to meet your targeting goals: awareness, reach, engagement etc. GumGum outperforms industry benchmarks for pharma:
- VerityTM, GumGum’s contextual intelligence platform, taps into a consumer’s mindset to deliver authentic and engaging brand messaging without any reliance on personal data.
- VerityTM identifies and scores threat categories, characterizes sentiment and determines the overall video safety to ensure that your pharma messaging appears in brand safe and suitable environments.
- GumGum provides access to quality inventory through our partnership with IRIS.TV.
- GumGum delivers high-impact turnkey units that do not need to go through MLR.
Ready to Talk? To set up a powerful campaign strategy with GumGum, click here.
2. Set Your CTV Goals
Before allocating ad dollars to CTV, set up clear campaign goals for both messaging and target audiences. For example, some pharma marketers look to CTV to augment the reach of their traditional TV campaigns, while others use CTV to reach new patients or increase brand awareness. What do you want to achieve? And who do you want to target?
3. Explore Longer Ad Formats
As drugs and medical devices/equipment need the inclusion of regulatory information, the popular 6-second ad format is not always the most effective option for pharma targeting. Take advantage of increasing inventory, especially 30 seconds to 2 minute time slots that will prove to be much more successful to deliver a robust brand message and drive results.
4. Use ACR to Understand Patient Behavior
Simply put, Automatic Content Recognition (ACR) enables a smart TV to listen to/see what is playing on TV. Use ACR data to gain vital insights on viewership, ad performance and to truly understand patient behavior. What are they looking for? What are they interested in? And how can you use this information to serve them more effective pharma messaging?
Ready to talk?
Target the right pharma audiences with GumGum. Reach out now!