gumgum’s programmatic buyer policyEffective: August 8, 2019
GumGum’s Programmatic Buyer Policy applies to all DSP partners who use GumGum’s Ad Exchange. This policy is in addition to your GumGum agreement and does not replace or alter it. You agree to follow and abide by the guidelines set forth herein. If you do not agree to comply with these guidelines, you may not use GumGum’s Ad Exchange. GumGum may amend this Policy at any time, and any additional or different terms will be effective once updated on this page.
gumgum welcomes all!
GumGum operates under transparency and inclusivity, and we welcome buyers of all types no matter the industry. Whether your company is in the entertainment industry, pharmaceutical industry, CPG industry, etc. – GumGum welcomes you!
prohibited creatives and related content
GumGum prohibits creatives that promote any of the following:
- Gambling - With the exception of State Lottery Ads (limited site list for lottery), casinos, e.g., MGM Hotel, Resort and Casino are allowed.
- Illegal - Ads promoting illegal goods and services.
- Adult - Ads that promote sex, sexual education, sex toys, condoms, lube, or adult entertainment, including pornography, escort services, erotic content, sexually explicit content, or any other advertising not appropriate for general audiences.
- Hate - Ads promoting hate speech, hate groups, anti-establishment, anti-LGBTQ.
- Drugs - Any ads promoting drugs and paraphernalia, including the use of tobacco, alcohol, or marijuana.
- Religion - Any ads promoting religion, proselytizing, religious education or activities.
- Violence - Any ads that promote dangerous, violent, or harmful behavior, including the use of firearms or explosives.
- Dating - Ads for dating sites and services.
- Funeral Services - Ads related to death; funerals; cremation.
- Get Rich Quick - Ads for pyramid schemes or get rich quick services.
No creative shall launch with foul language or insinuate foul language.
political creatives guidelines
For creatives that are political in nature, in addition to the prohibitions listed above, GumGum enforces the following guidelines:
- No content that harasses, intimidates or threatens.
- No content that is misleading, deceptive, impersonates any person or entity, or otherwise misrepresents your affiliation with a person or entity.
- No content that violates the publicity, privacy, copyright, or other intellectual property rights of a third party.
- No content that features graphic violence or encourages violence.
- Political advertisements may not be paid for directly or indirectly by non-resident foreign nationals or entities (i.e., by people or entities that aren’t residents of the country where the ad will run).
upholding creative standards
GumGum scans all creatives entering GumGum’s auctions through AdLightning to identify any creative violations. Ads that force full-page redirects or introduce malware or malicious intent are prohibited and dynamically blocked across our Ad Exchange.
GumGum’s Pre-Bid Server-to-Server integration with WhiteOps employs the most robust anti-fraud protection measures in the industry. We scan our entire Ad Exchange inventory with WhiteOps’ MediaGuard and FraudSensor solutions.
GumGum understands and values the importance of brand safety. In addition to our compliance with various data protection laws (e.g., GDPR, CCPA, ePrivacy), we are members of the following coalitions and industry leaders, and are in compliance with their respective standards and bylaws:
- Coalition for Better Ads
GumGum is a proud member of DigiTrust, which is an independent and non-profit ID consortium aiming to create a common currency among ad tech platforms.
GumGum adheres to COPPA requirements and does not knowingly collect personal information from a child under the age of 16 years.