It’s no secret that the days of audience tracking are numbered. People don’t want to be followed around the internet. They don’t want their past behaviors to determine what they see every time they scroll down their screen. For advertisers, the future of digital advertising will be about tapping into people’s active mindset in the moments that matter to them. That’s where GumGum’s new framework, the Mindset Matrix comes in.
Do you have questions about the Mindset Matrix? Here’s a quick FAQ:
Why did GumGum create the Mindset Matrix?
Undoubtedly, the digital advertising industry is undergoing major changes:
- Cookies, identifiers and mobile IDS are on the decline.
- There is an increasingly fraught relationship between people and technology, especially as it relates to data privacy.
- New regulation laws are rising, bringing with them a new set of compliance challenges.
- People’s attention is becoming a scarce and precious resource.
- Ad fatigue is real
As an industry, we have to do better to create more privacy-forward, sustainable and effective solutions to reach people online. To combat the above challenges, GumGum launched the Mindset Matrix.
What is the Mindset Matrix?
The Mindset Matrix is GumGum’s new framework that we believe is the blueprint for the future of digital advertising. The Mindset Matrix will empower advertisers to captivate a person’s frame of mind in current and emerging digital environments, without the need to use any personal data.
What does the Mindset Matrix consist of?
The Mindset Matrix is made up of three key components: GumGum’s contextual expertise, attention-grabbing ad creatives and optimizing towards attention to lead to better overall performance.
With contextually targeted ads, we use technology to give people the power to tell us what they are interested in at that very moment and deliver an ad that aligns with what they truly care about.
Dynamic ad creative (including images, video, animations, etc.) that will capture people’s attention and amplify the ad messaging once it’s placed within the right context on the page.
Attention Time is defined as the length of time, in seconds, a person actually looks at an ad. It’s a human centric, quality metric that captures a person’s relative interest (or not) in that ad at that moment. As such, it’s a remarkable feedback loop on ad relevance and proof that we’ve found the match between the right creative and the right context.
Why are the key benefits of the Mindset Matrix?
- People receive relevant ads that they value and engage with.
- Advertisers can deliver engaging and relevant ads that don’t require the use of personal data, that are still just as effective and boost brand favorability and trust amongst consumers.
- Publishers can go back to focusing on creating engaging content and covering critical news stories without the fear that technology advertisers will over-block content and hinder their ability to earn advertising revenue.
Where do I reach out?
To stay ahead of the competition, and unlock the full potential of the Mindset Matrix, please don’t hesitate to reach out here. We are here and happy to help!