Passionate. Talented. Visionary.
GumGum is looking for passionate, self-starters that are experts in their fields. Below you will find job descriptions on positions that are available.
To apply for any open positions, please submit your cover letter and resume to or apply through the LinkedIn button at the bottom of each job.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Senior Product Manager
The Senior Product Manager has ownership of and accountability for GumGum's product. This position demands an in-depth understanding of the ad serving eco-system, with particular expertise on technology and business needs, and business problems of Ad Networks, Online Marketers and Publishers. This position requires strategic thinking, ingenuity, and innovation around in-image advertising, an ad format, that GumGum has both pioneered and leads the market in. There will also be a strong focus on enhancing our contextual understanding of images, via a variety of methodologies, and matching ads accordingly..
- Ownership and accountability of GumGum's Product.
- Responsibility over all product lifecycle - from vision to handoff.
- Interactively work with Senior Management, Sales, Engineering and R&D to define product vision based on customer feedback and functional needs and requirements.
- Complete planning, prioritization, and execution of product roadmap.
- Define and drive go-to-market strategy, planning, and execution for new product offerings and releases.
- Act as the subject matter expert in terms of best practices and product capabilities.
- Work closely as product partner for Sales and Business Development teams.
- 5+ years of Product Management experience.
- 4+ years in the online media industry - experience required.
- B.A. or equivalent/higher level of education (B.S. in Computer Science or a related field a plus).
- Deep understanding of the online advertising industry.
- Comprehensive understanding of the online media marketplace.
- Experience with self-service advertising platforms including bidding systems and keyword matching, and fraud detection.
- Strong process management, business process re-engineering, and analytical skills.
- Proven ability to balance the need of the customer while maintaining corporate objectives.
- Ability to work with internal and external customers to find solutions to challenges they face.
- Organized with a rigorous attention to detail, drive for excellence, and a positive "can-do" approach.
- Passion and desire to play a key role in driving a new business to success in the advertising technology space.
Senior Software Engineer
GumGum is looking for a hands-on Senior Software Engineer to join its In-Image advertising team in Santa Monica, CA..
- Architecture, implementation, testing, monitoring, and deployment of high-volume, data-driven, web-based applications.
- Write Hadoop MapReduce jobs to mine data from the billions of image and ad impressions served.
- Develop solutions leveraging "big data" technologies such as Apache Hadoop, HBase, Kafka, and Storm.
- Work closely with publisher and ad sales teams to identify requirements, estimate projects, and implement prototypes and solutions in an agile, iterative fashion.
- Focus on platform scalability to support rapid growth in traffic and data.
- Help hire and train additional engineers as the business grows.
Desired Skills & Experience
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related technical discipline (or equivalent).
- Excellent personal skills in leadership, mentoring, and both written and verbal communication.
- Solid foundation in computer science with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms, and software design.
- Extensive programming experience in Java and strong OO design skills.
- Several years of large systems software design and development experience, with extensive knowledge of Unix/Linux.
- RDBMS design, performance monitoring, optimization, query tuning, and SQL experience.
- Proficiency in Java, Groovy, Spring Framework, Maven, Eclipse, MySQL, Hadoop, HBase, Subversion, Amazon EC2 and/or Ubuntu a plus.