Passionate. Talented. Visionary.
GumGum is looking for passionate, self-starters that are experts in their fields. Below you will find job descriptions on positions that are available.
To apply for any open positions, please submit your cover letter and resume to or apply through the LinkedIn button at the bottom of each job.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Senior Software Engineer
GumGum is looking for a hands-on Senior Software Engineer to join its In-Image advertising team in Santa Monica, CA..
- Architecture, implementation, testing, monitoring, and deployment of high-volume, data-driven, web-based applications.
- Write Hadoop MapReduce jobs to mine data from the billions of image and ad impressions served.
- Develop solutions leveraging "big data" technologies such as Apache Hadoop, HBase, Kafka, and Storm.
- Work closely with publisher and ad sales teams to identify requirements, estimate projects, and implement prototypes and solutions in an agile, iterative fashion.
- Focus on platform scalability to support rapid growth in traffic and data.
- Help hire and train additional engineers as the business grows.
Desired Skills & Experience
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related technical discipline (or equivalent).
- Excellent personal skills in leadership, mentoring, and both written and verbal communication.
- Solid foundation in computer science with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms, and software design.
- Extensive programming experience in Java and strong OO design skills.
- Several years of large systems software design and development experience, with extensive knowledge of Unix/Linux.
- RDBMS design, performance monitoring, optimization, query tuning, and SQL experience.
- Proficiency in Java, Groovy, Spring Framework, Maven, Eclipse, MySQL, Hadoop, HBase, Subversion, Amazon EC2 and/or Ubuntu a plus.